Sunday, July 3, 2011

A Day on Highway ....

This is my first blog and I would like to introduce myself. Many of you know me as a Live wire.
My life always involved in stories.i.e. Events of my life happens in a way that it becomes a story.
This blog is about a full day on highway with out having water and money n other resources was dying..... :)
It was mid of April 2010 in Noida, India. I stayed at Greater Noida at the time.Statred with morning 8:00 AM, my brother in law was at my home and he had some Entrance test. and I need to drop him to Noida. which is around 27 Kilometers from my home. I came down and picked my Pulsar 150 CC bike.
I saw at bike back tyre and it seems like it had some low air pressure and i consulted with my brother in law and he said it is ok and it is not punctred.Guess what, we went ahead with the bike. and after 5-7 Km on highway it get punctured....

Interesting part comes now, after my bike broke down I asked my brother in law to take BUS and go ahead for the test.Now he departed and I was alone on highway. I started the journey with the frame of mind like i will drop him and come back in 1hour or so. When i saw my Pocket it was only Rs. 270 in it. and more over my mobile's battery is about to die. Now what I quickly called bike support (from which i subscribe my bike for maintainence). It was around 8:30 AM. I only had a tea in the morning. Support team assured me that they will come in next 30 mins or so and will make the bike. It was around 30 degre centigrade in the morning. After 15 mins another support guy who was roaming around asked to fix the bike. but i said guy is already coming.

Now after 1 hour when the guy had not come then I called them, they again assured me and said guy is fixing other bike and will be coming in any time. Now I was feeling thirst and mice statred running in my stomach.
After so many call from me and my wife ( ohh i forgot to tell you that in  the mean time I called my wife and keep her updated with the status.), it was 12:00 in the noon. Now I felt i can't take it any more. There was nothing but luckily I found one vendor who was selling ice-creams but no water again then I decieded to take one ice-cream. some what satisfied ..... withe ice-cream. After 15 mins I have some guy who was fixing other bike on highway and I called him from the other side on the high way. and aftre bargaining he was ready to fix it for Rs. 50. I was very satisfied with the deal and dreaming for home and have a sound sleep in my bed room. I was excited.The guy started fixing the bike and found tyre was busted because it was punctred from the start only.

Now you know what It was again a problem for me , my mobile's batter was dead. and He was asking for Rs 240 for the new tyre and some how I managed the deal in Rs 200. Now I have only Rs. 65 in my pocket.
He fixed the bike then I was happy to go back to home. But destiny does not want it.
I need to go more for 6 Km on the highway and then take U-turn for home. I was driving slowly a cautios approach. Then Against Sector-92 there was a vendor who was selling Shikanji (Shikanji is ice cold drink made of sugar ,lime, black salt and black peppers. its very refreshing) so i decieded to stop by and have some glasses becuase I was hungry also.
So I stopped my bike and had two glasses. Started my bike and as soon as I Started, drove it few meters i found its waving around the road and guess what it was again punctured ............. same tyre ........ what the hack this is ....
I did not had any option but fortuntely now I have some one ( remember the Vendor) with me and I am inside the shade also. I was standing under Bridge. But again I was wandering what to do next. My mobile was dead and have no money in pocket. It was Sunday ..... less traffic on the road also.
Then I asked Vendor  to use his mobile then he gave me his mobile and i inserted my sim.
I called my friend who lived near by to come there and he is like computer and what ever you say to him he will do only that. Don't use his Intelligence ( Sorry yaar .... Santo).
I was very careful while saying to him what to do ... so I asked him for a water bottle,a burger or biscuits and also come with some mobney like around Rs. 500 clearly. and asked him to come as soon as possible.
But I knwo him as usual he came after 1 hour so it was around 1:45 PM now when he came  then we called some guy whose number was on the piller of bridge and he came in 10 minutes and fixed it. New tyre again ..
I was again worried if it broke down then I will be dying because on the return side of highway there is nothing ..... its all empty. But you know there is a will there is way...
I started my bike again said thanks to the Shikanji vendor and gave his mobile back. While driving I was thinking that now I have some money but no mobile to call any one and  again guess what ...........

Comon now leave me ..... it was one of the interseting day of my life as usual ......
More to go .....
so at last I returned back to my home and you knwo what my brother in law has reached to his home town aftre finishing the test before i returned to my house.

One of the worst but intresting day of the life which gives you a message....
"Don't take life casually when it comes to f**k you , you can't escape. So be prepared for all the time."

No comments:

Post a Comment